It is subjective to determine the top 10 most influential educators or education leaders as different individuals may have varying opinions. However, here are ten influential educators and education leaders who have made a significant impact on the field:
1. Sir Ken Robinson: An expert in creativity and innovation in education.
2. Salman Khan: The founder of Khan Academy, a leading online education platform.
3. Angela Duckworth: Known for her research on and popularization of “grit” and its importance in education.
4. Andreas Schleicher: The Director for Education and Skills at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
5. Arne Duncan: Former U.S. Secretary of Education under President Obama, recognized for his efforts to reform education.
6. Linda Darling-Hammond: An influential education researcher and advocate for teacher quality and equity.
7. Sugata Mitra: Known for his “Hole in the Wall” experiment and promoting self-directed learning.
8. Diane Ravitch: A prominent educational historian and policy analyst who has been influential in shaping education debates in the U.S.
9. Esther Duflo and Abhijit Banerjee: Nobel laureates in Economics who have conducted groundbreaking research on education and poverty alleviation.
10. Vicki Phillips: Former Director of Education, College Ready, and Global Education at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, known for her efforts to improve US education.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and there are many other influential educators and education leaders making significant contributions worldwide.